Skip to main content

McIntosh, Frank Bringle, 1895-

 Person

Biographical Note

Dr. Frank Bringle McIntosh was born May 26, 1895 near New Albany, Indiana. He received a B.A. from DePauw University and an STB degree from Boston University in 1923. Dr. McIntosh was an ordained Methodist minister and served as superintendent of the Toledo district of the Methodist Church prior to his presidency. On October 9, 1949, he was installed as the sixth president of Ohio Northern.

In response to post-war student enrollment increases, McIntosh oversaw the construction of several new buildings on campus. Significant new building construction that was completed or begun under McIntosh included multiple new student dormitories, a new student union building (that would be named in McIntosh’s honor), a new administrative building, and a new College of Pharmacy building. Additionally, the university purchased and remodeled the old Ada Elementary School to convert it into a new physical space for the College of Engineering, and three fraternities moved onto campus during McIntosh’s presidency. Under McIntosh’s guidance the university was also able to complete its efforts to have all of the school’s professional programs receive addrediation by their respective evaluating bodies. McIntosh resigned as President in 1965, and passed away in New York City, New York, New York in 1991.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Frank Bringle McIntosh

 Series
Identifier: 2
Collection Overview From the Collection: This collection contains various records related to the Office of the President beginning in 1930 with the Presidency of Robert Williams. Common records found in the collection include reports, memos, inauguration records, speeches and various printed materials.
Dates: 1930-2011